Sunday, July 13, 2008

Heading Out To Find The "Lost" Fort of The Carolinas


I was obviously not prepared for what I found. I thought there would be some obstacles, but was not prepared for the alligators, snakes and spiders. I know what to bring for the next trip to the site now though, which was the purpose of the original visit. I'm not afraid of alligators, nor am I afraid of snakes as I had my snake stick, which I know from experience to pound on the ground as I move forward, which I learned in Central America was a natural way for letting all the fauna know I'm coming through. The spiders on the other hand, where a different story, as they were all nesting in the grass, bushes, trees etc.,, and they were shaking their webs as I came toward them. No thanks. I'll come back in winter.

No comments: